The Mama Luigi Project - Super Mario World Reanimated Collab 2017 The Mama Luigi Project - Super Mario World Reanimated Collab 2017

YIKES!
This was a cool watch, I especially liked the ones that did a bit more of interpretation over the source material (Watch your landing Luigi!!!).
Coolibert work, I reeeally wish I hadn't missed it, oh well

father's jewel father's jewel

Coolibert-sauce!
The father's voice is brilliant.

Work In Progress Work In Progress

Awesomesauce!
I really like those 'animated' textures, especially when the robot 'shakes', it's a pretty unique blend of techniques which somehow integrates pretty well in this factory scenario.
I also saw 'smiles' on their faces, even if that was just the pattern on their heads, huh.

Ultra Zultra Ultra Zultra

Its a fine byte-sized platformer, I think there is potential from their mechanics, it was fun to improvize air combos given the mobility you get by punching in the air and having an additional jump.

On that same note I did have some issues with the attack moves: since the punch also works as a 'forward dash', it leaves you really exposed to enemies/hazards (especially if they come from above, and also agains the 1st boss where it just keeps running towards you) it left me hoping for more variety of attacks, like an upwards/downwards hit.

Vidsneezes responds:

Thanks for playing Ultra Zultra!
Glad you were able to figure out that (kinda) secret extra jump.

I feel you on the more attacks bit also. When i was making it i really wanted to have a second punch, a drop down punch, and an upwards punch.

One more thing on the punching, while in air if you hold punch you actually go into a punch glide killing anything that hits you and you fall a little slower.

LVL99 Axe Rage BETA DEMO 0.8 LVL99 Axe Rage BETA DEMO 0.8

Coolibert demo!

Nicely executed, especially in terms of character animation and presentation, a bit hard to get into at the beginning (it started quite challenging in the platforming aspects, which may be fitting to set the tone, but not so much for a browser build; Had to watch the intro like 8 times) but as I got further, it turned into an entertaining exploration platformer.
Now on the 'review' aspects:
My main concern with the game was the character mobility; 90% of my deaths were due to falling to the depths; I got the impression that the platforms surface 'ended' before it seemed normal to jump and in many cases the jump felt like it was as streched out as much as possible. I was about to quit because of that on the first segments, but thankfully managed to get to the first saving point and see that there was A LOT more to this game.
I also missed the option to hit while ducking and swing the axe upwards-downwards, I somehow 'unlocked' a few special moves, but never understood properly how to trigger them at will, a brief instruction could've helped.

I could get into more detail, but for now it's a solid platformer with a lot of potential.

(Primero vi el ojo de Selknam y pensé... "Hmm, será chileno esto?"... después empecé a ver cosas como el 'Berlin', el 'Completo', y nombres como 'Piolarva'...y fue bastante obvio, chaaa )

Dead Horizon Dead Horizon

Oh well, it seems like I missed...
Anyway!, this was a pretty entertaining piece of narrative media, I liked how the script was structured and linked to the duels (and the 'gesture' of lowering the mouse to grab the gun was a nice adaptation), and, while short, it worked nicely as a compact story.
I find this to be a pretty unique format for storytelling, would like to see more in this style.
Good job!

Emptygoddess responds:

There's lots of really old really good 'photo realistic' adventure games. You should take a look at them if you haven't. The Journeyman Project is a good place to start.

endK - Bouncing Squad endK - Bouncing Squad

Coolibert!, really jumpy, and even a bit adventure-ish, I think it suits the creatures pretty well, specially those I made around that time :)

Good times!

150th Episode of the RubberOnion Animation Podcast! 150th Episode of the RubberOnion Animation Podcast!

Wow great job keeping up with 150 episodes for 150 WEDNESDAYS!!
Nice to look back after a while and see the whole path one has taken and how projects morph and evolve.

I recall analyzing the Scatman song at some point, where I just checked out his story out of curiosity, and had a similar reaction, some unexpectedly inspirational origins. It's good to know the message keeps on going.

rubberonion responds:

It was fascinating to learn and actually really inspiration once I learned that, glad to hear someone else arrived at that too! And thanks for the well-wishing... it's been an interesting and often times trying ordeal getting the show out there and my life has taken a lot of unspoken turns during its tenure so far - having something up this consistent for this long is a source of pride for me. Thanks for the comment!

no harm done no harm done

Coolibert sauce!

Flower Found! poster Flower Found! poster

Niice, cool poster and use of lettering, I'll be waiting for that festival run ;)

aap responds:

Thanks! I'll be sure to send it to the festival in Chile! :)

Blink Blink

Wait, is his mouth part of his eye?, that can be pretty odd to eat!, that's an intriguing but also a neat design. Good job!

ZeTrystan responds:

Haha, yup! I mean, why be logical when I draw. ;D

Bread! Bread!

Gee, that's some of the tastiest-looking pixel food I wish I was able to eat...!
Good work!