View Profile Butzbo

185 Movie Reviews

Neat! this was pretty fun to watch, the subtle handmade tricks you used for special effects were the best part. especially those little (I believe made out of clay) star flashings and dust effects, I think there could be even more to emphasize on the action.
I also liked how you added trainers to justify the battle, but left the pokemon to do their own thing.

Awesome short Joel!
I liked how you presented the rules of this world by revealing different details at a time like the costure-characters, and of course the deadline clock.

I wasn't quite sure why the protagonist didn't transform on the 'deadline' as she seemed from the same species as the other ones, but I guess it's more related to being more 'aware' or 'lucid' in order to avoid it.

Anyway! Good work on the technical side aswell, pretty entertaining short to follow,
Thanks for sharing it here on NG!

Coolibert short!, I enjoyed the variety of color palettes, and the Trash Wizard was a neat plot device. Great to find it here on NG!

81 Game Reviews

Neat Point'n Click!
I liked the artstyle and surreal scenery, which is pretty appropiated for such a variety of puzzles, the different mechanics and gadgets kept them fresh.
Some of my favourites were the one with the Medusa and the one with the Vampire (took me a bit to figure that one out!) on the latter stages a few were slightly overwhelming at first glance, but never too cryptic that I'd put it down.
Good job!

Neat demake!
I found it responsive and satisfying, but It does start out pretty relentless on the amount of obstacles thrown at the player, it made me wish that the jumping was a bit more similar to Ghouls n' Ghosts in that Leon could have had a slightly slower fall, as there are many obstacles where the window to get through was reaally narrow because of brief air-time.
That said, checkpoints were on point and it was a fun byte-sized challenge.

Gypopothomas responds:

Thanks! I'm gonna message with the jump a bit, it still doesn't work exactly as I want. I like GnG's fixed jump. No turning in the air. Hmm...

Who puts deadly spikes inside of a balloon castle!?
Game logic aside, coolibert jam submission!
Pretty simple in the platforming-bouncing aspect, but the inflating scenario was a fun twist that achieved pretty well the concept of the jam. It did make me wish that there were more times where you actually wanted the castle to inflate enough so that you could achieve some jumps, though.

Also I appreciate the intro with dialogs, it's not a common sight on jam games.

20 Audio Reviews

W00t!! looking back of these robot characters with the most upbeat moments it made me think of dynamic action sequences as they traverse through forgotten space stations!
My fav part is the break around 1:28, I get some kind of japanese vibe from it which works great with the theme of robots, and then I like how it gets back to the more serious central theme.
Glad to see it worked as inspiration! :)

endKashika responds:

It was pretty much the melody of the [epic] part after the main melody, but in different context. Worked out nicely I guess.
Thanks for the review, really glad you dig it. :]

Coolibert!, really jumpy, and even a bit adventure-ish, I think it suits the creatures pretty well, specially those I made around that time :)

Good times!

Wow great job keeping up with 150 episodes for 150 WEDNESDAYS!!
Nice to look back after a while and see the whole path one has taken and how projects morph and evolve.

I recall analyzing the Scatman song at some point, where I just checked out his story out of curiosity, and had a similar reaction, some unexpectedly inspirational origins. It's good to know the message keeps on going.

rubberonion responds:

It was fascinating to learn and actually really inspiration once I learned that, glad to hear someone else arrived at that too! And thanks for the well-wishing... it's been an interesting and often times trying ordeal getting the show out there and my life has taken a lot of unspoken turns during its tenure so far - having something up this consistent for this long is a source of pride for me. Thanks for the comment!

109 Art Reviews

Niiice pretty cool character design!
Is that a triple-toaster on its back?

Awesomesauce!
These characters are so simple that I don't find them so easy to stylize, I liked how you added your own style of proportions to them, Dung Defender is my favourite! (both your rendition and the in-game fight, its theme is great too)

Coolibert design!, Ever played Metal Warriors on the SNES?, it would be awesome to see a mech game with these kind of robots ;)

Helloe! I'm a 2D Animator from Chile, and sometimes Game Developer (actually, Newgrounds got me into animation!) I post some personal cartoons and drawings every once in a while! Cheese and lizards are cool too. Bzzzztt!!

Antonio Villamandos @Butzbo