View Profile Butzbo

183 Movie Reviews

Awesome short Joel!
I liked how you presented the rules of this world by revealing different details at a time like the costure-characters, and of course the deadline clock.

I wasn't quite sure why the protagonist didn't transform on the 'deadline' as she seemed from the same species as the other ones, but I guess it's more related to being more 'aware' or 'lucid' in order to avoid it.

Anyway! Good work on the technical side aswell, pretty entertaining short to follow,
Thanks for sharing it here on NG!

Coolibert short!, I enjoyed the variety of color palettes, and the Trash Wizard was a neat plot device. Great to find it here on NG!

Niice, the character designs were amusing, although I'm not sure what was going on on his face when he got the hand full of spikes, hahah
The final punchline was good, although I found the comedic timing to be a little slow.

As some mentioned, some music at the start would be a plus.

Nice little short!

84 Game Reviews

Neat demake!
I found it responsive and satisfying, but It does start out pretty relentless on the amount of obstacles thrown at the player, it made me wish that the jumping was a bit more similar to Ghouls n' Ghosts in that Leon could have had a slightly slower fall, as there are many obstacles where the window to get through was reaally narrow because of brief air-time.
That said, checkpoints were on point and it was a fun byte-sized challenge.

Gypopothomas responds:

Thanks! I'm gonna message with the jump a bit, it still doesn't work exactly as I want. I like GnG's fixed jump. No turning in the air. Hmm...

Who puts deadly spikes inside of a balloon castle!?
Game logic aside, coolibert jam submission!
Pretty simple in the platforming-bouncing aspect, but the inflating scenario was a fun twist that achieved pretty well the concept of the jam. It did make me wish that there were more times where you actually wanted the castle to inflate enough so that you could achieve some jumps, though.

Also I appreciate the intro with dialogs, it's not a common sight on jam games.

Pretty fun execution of a simple control scheme that gets really challenging due to the evolving level design. this goes especially for the levels where you're forced to make sharp turns, or even learn how to lower your overall speed by rotating on a particular rhythm or boosting on the opposite way for lack of a 'brake' command.
I liked how unique the boss levels were. I managed to get to the snake boss which I found pretty brutal as an endurance, but seems manageable with enough practice and patience.
Good work!

RIDETHEPIG responds:

Thanks! I made the Master Coil a little easier, it seems like lots of people are getting stuck there.

18 Audio Reviews

W00t!! looking back of these robot characters with the most upbeat moments it made me think of dynamic action sequences as they traverse through forgotten space stations!
My fav part is the break around 1:28, I get some kind of japanese vibe from it which works great with the theme of robots, and then I like how it gets back to the more serious central theme.
Glad to see it worked as inspiration! :)

endKashika responds:

It was pretty much the melody of the [epic] part after the main melody, but in different context. Worked out nicely I guess.
Thanks for the review, really glad you dig it. :]

Coolibert!, really jumpy, and even a bit adventure-ish, I think it suits the creatures pretty well, specially those I made around that time :)

Good times!

Wow great job keeping up with 150 episodes for 150 WEDNESDAYS!!
Nice to look back after a while and see the whole path one has taken and how projects morph and evolve.

I recall analyzing the Scatman song at some point, where I just checked out his story out of curiosity, and had a similar reaction, some unexpectedly inspirational origins. It's good to know the message keeps on going.

rubberonion responds:

It was fascinating to learn and actually really inspiration once I learned that, glad to hear someone else arrived at that too! And thanks for the well-wishing... it's been an interesting and often times trying ordeal getting the show out there and my life has taken a lot of unspoken turns during its tenure so far - having something up this consistent for this long is a source of pride for me. Thanks for the comment!

100 Art Reviews

Awesomesauce! digging the poster treatment.
On a sidenote, just looking at these twisted characters again makes me wonder if we'll ever see another take on the Mario RPG world from Nintendo, the Mario and Luigi games are great but this one had a pretty unique world.

Coolibert design!!1

Niice it's great how you can still add some texture through pixel work :)
I'm not sure I recognize them but the 2nd one reminds me of a 'caqui'.

maruki responds:

Thanks! The second one are two cashew fruits.

Helloe! I'm a 2D Animator from Chile, and sometimes Game Developer (actually, Newgrounds got me into animation!) I post some personal cartoons and drawings every once in a while! Cheese and lizards are cool too. Bzzzztt!!

Antonio Villamandos @Butzbo