View Profile Butzbo

187 Movie Reviews

Niice, great work on this one! It was pretty fun to watch especially the most paranoid mom-and-son moments.

Melee's intro was a great choice! Great to see the different takes on the characters here, especially the more styilized ones.
Also, oh peanuts! I have to pay more attention to not miss these collabs!

Neat! this was pretty fun to watch, the subtle handmade tricks you used for special effects were the best part. especially those little (I believe made out of clay) star flashings and dust effects, I think there could be even more to emphasize on the action.
I also liked how you added trainers to justify the battle, but left the pokemon to do their own thing.

81 Game Reviews

Neat Point'n Click!
I liked the artstyle and surreal scenery, which is pretty appropiated for such a variety of puzzles, the different mechanics and gadgets kept them fresh.
Some of my favourites were the one with the Medusa and the one with the Vampire (took me a bit to figure that one out!) on the latter stages a few were slightly overwhelming at first glance, but never too cryptic that I'd put it down.
Good job!

Neat demake!
I found it responsive and satisfying, but It does start out pretty relentless on the amount of obstacles thrown at the player, it made me wish that the jumping was a bit more similar to Ghouls n' Ghosts in that Leon could have had a slightly slower fall, as there are many obstacles where the window to get through was reaally narrow because of brief air-time.
That said, checkpoints were on point and it was a fun byte-sized challenge.

Gypopothomas responds:

Thanks! I'm gonna message with the jump a bit, it still doesn't work exactly as I want. I like GnG's fixed jump. No turning in the air. Hmm...

Who puts deadly spikes inside of a balloon castle!?
Game logic aside, coolibert jam submission!
Pretty simple in the platforming-bouncing aspect, but the inflating scenario was a fun twist that achieved pretty well the concept of the jam. It did make me wish that there were more times where you actually wanted the castle to inflate enough so that you could achieve some jumps, though.

Also I appreciate the intro with dialogs, it's not a common sight on jam games.

21 Audio Reviews

Niice really energetic! Loops pretty well too :)

W00t!! looking back of these robot characters with the most upbeat moments it made me think of dynamic action sequences as they traverse through forgotten space stations!
My fav part is the break around 1:28, I get some kind of japanese vibe from it which works great with the theme of robots, and then I like how it gets back to the more serious central theme.
Glad to see it worked as inspiration! :)

endKashika responds:

It was pretty much the melody of the [epic] part after the main melody, but in different context. Worked out nicely I guess.
Thanks for the review, really glad you dig it. :]

Coolibert!, really jumpy, and even a bit adventure-ish, I think it suits the creatures pretty well, specially those I made around that time :)

Good times!

114 Art Reviews

Niiice good job addapting the game's pallete to this tall composition!
It's pretty cool to find some of the more unique elements from this game like the yoshi's doll, the shopkeeper (getting mad), people from Animal Village and how to forget the creepy "anti-Kirby".

Awesome designs!
That just reminded me, Wizzrobes are no joke, I played through the game not long ago and found level-6 to be surprisingly hard because of those guys.

Looking a bit angrier than usual! Pretty cool detailed take on the character, I liked how it has a more defined expression than usual.

Helloe! I'm a 2D Animator from Chile, and sometimes Game Developer (actually, Newgrounds got me into animation!) I post some personal cartoons and drawings every once in a while! Cheese and lizards are cool too. Bzzzztt!!

Antonio Villamandos @Butzbo