father's jewel father's jewel

Coolibert-sauce!
The father's voice is brilliant.

Work In Progress Work In Progress

Awesomesauce!
I really like those 'animated' textures, especially when the robot 'shakes', it's a pretty unique blend of techniques which somehow integrates pretty well in this factory scenario.
I also saw 'smiles' on their faces, even if that was just the pattern on their heads, huh.

SHORT CHOPS - Save Yourself SHORT CHOPS - Save Yourself

Awesomesauce!
Other than having neat character designs and limited-but-snappy animation, I really liked how you made this strange 'logic' work within this world by adding that final clone-gag at the end.
Good job!

Hungry Knight! Hungry Knight!

I don't get why the bad overall scores, but after beating the released Hollow Knight earlier this year, just finding this build right here on Newgrounds as the result of a game jam is such a cool surprise!! It's amazing to see the basic principles of the character movement, the premise of masked creatures and even the main character's design having an early presence. Makes me wonder if the eating mechanic was considered for the game at some point, heheh!

Regarding this build, it was a bit though to control, but satisfying nonetheless, it already evolved into a fantastic game, so I guess there's not much to add as a review ;) .

Fuse Cell Fuse Cell

Good work!, I find the flying shooter to be a bit of an 'exhausted' genre, so it's nice to see new mechanics applied to it!
Now I'll just focus on things that probably weren't of much priority on the jam; for a while I was a bit confused since whenever I absorbed an enemy I would always get 'overloaded', at least I figured it out on the 2nd attempt, but a brief intro would help...
I guess it's a convention on bullet hell games is to focus on the main 'dot' of the ship as a hitbox, although it was a bit confusing since the ship is so big, maybe there could be a bit more clarity on what's the player's hitbox.
Maybe you already have those in mind, that said, the energy mechanic (and maybe variable bullets/skills that make use of it) can make for a cool twist on the genre.

Omnichronic GCC vertical slice Omnichronic GCC vertical slice

This has to be the among the most vertical game-slices I've played in quite a while!
I really missed a bit of sound, but It was fun to follow as a stand-alone and 'self-aware' promotional piece.
I'll be checking for moar aswell.

Kaffebaggel responds:

Thank you very much for playing!
Moar is coming i assure you, with sounds and the whole shebang!

Bouncing Squad Bouncing Squad

Coolibert!, really jumpy, and even a bit adventure-ish, I think it suits the creatures pretty well, specially those I made around that time :)

Good times!

150th Episode of the RubberOnion Animation Podcast! 150th Episode of the RubberOnion Animation Podcast!

Wow great job keeping up with 150 episodes for 150 WEDNESDAYS!!
Nice to look back after a while and see the whole path one has taken and how projects morph and evolve.

I recall analyzing the Scatman song at some point, where I just checked out his story out of curiosity, and had a similar reaction, some unexpectedly inspirational origins. It's good to know the message keeps on going.

rubberonion responds:

It was fascinating to learn and actually really inspiration once I learned that, glad to hear someone else arrived at that too! And thanks for the well-wishing... it's been an interesting and often times trying ordeal getting the show out there and my life has taken a lot of unspoken turns during its tenure so far - having something up this consistent for this long is a source of pride for me. Thanks for the comment!

no harm done no harm done

Coolibert sauce!

Blink Blink

Wait, is his mouth part of his eye?, that can be pretty odd to eat!, that's an intriguing but also a neat design. Good job!

ZeTrystan responds:

Haha, yup! I mean, why be logical when I draw. ;D

Bread! Bread!

Gee, that's some of the tastiest-looking pixel food I wish I was able to eat...!
Good work!

Dino Melt mockup Dino Melt mockup

Holy shmups, this is amazing!!, I really like those reworked assets, and especially that sleeping Egg-fork, heh.
Thanks for the shout out!

ScepterDPinoy responds:

No problem! Hope to see this game was greenlit on Steam.